LRW Webinars & Online Education
Offering our members educational opportunities through webinars is a priority for LRW. We are continuing our Railroading 101 (RR101) series that focuses on broadening industry knowledge. In 2020, we also plan to add webinars on leadership and career development. We encourage you to review our line up and join us on our learning journey.
If you are not a LRW member, join us to get access to more learning and connection opportunities and get on-demand access to previous webinars.
- RR 101-6 [11/03/2020]: Intro to Rail Signaling, featuring Fred Toshack, Deputy Program Manager – Systems Engineering, Gannett Fleming and Steven Leonardo, Director of Operations – Signals, PNR Railworks.
- Join Fred and Steven on a journey into railway signals! Learn about basic railway signalling terminology, principles, functionality and operational impacts. Understand what signalling looks like from the viewpoint of a manufacturer, designer (engineer), constructor, owner and maintainer. Appreciate why the relationship between signals and track can sometimes be exacting.
- Send your questions to our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Link: Coming soon!
- RR 101-5 [08/18/2020]: Intro to Rail Surveying, featuring Chuck Szovati, Senior Manager Engineering, Amtrak and Thomas Davis, Linear Asset Management, CP. Chuck and Thomas will be sharing their extensive knowledge of this dynamic and monumental profession. Join us to learn about mapping, field layouts, survey terminology, technology, and more!
- Executive Women in Rail: A Journey to the C-Suite - A conversation about IDEAs (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility) [08/05/2020]: Join the League of Railway Women for an impactful conversation with high ranking women in rail on how we can work together to build an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible industry that attracts and retains top talent from the factory floor to the C-Suite.
- Speaker bios and session information: conta.cc/333v8Ha
- This session was not recorded to help facilitate a safe and honest dialogue.
- Career Impacts of COVID [06/09/2020]: The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly affected industries and job markets around the globe. Hear from our career-focused industry experts about how these unprecedented times have affected the railway industry. Panelists include: Maria Waddy, Transportation Industry Professional; Sue Marines, Vice President Global Talent, GATX (LRW Silver Corporate Partner); Dina Maleski, Talent Acquisition Manager, Holland, L.P. (LRW Silver Corporate Partner) and, Anabelle Cormier, Vice President Business Development, Stahl Recruiting (LRW Bronze Corporate Partner).
- Coping with COVID [05/13/2020]: The world has changed and continues to change as we all learn and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our panel of peers and experts from across the industry, include Maria Waddy, Transportation Industry Professional; Amanda Trainor Patrick, VP Trade Shows & Board Relations, Railway Supply Institute (LRW Silver Corporate Partner), President, League of Railway Women; Pam Arpin, AVP Customer and Corporate Services, CP (LRW Platinum Corporate Partner); Summer Blasquez, Director, Commercial Pricing & Contracts Administration, The Greenbrier Companies (LRW Bronze Corporate Partner); and, Dr. Renee Simons, Clinical Psychologist, Edgewood Pediatric Services.
- RR 101-4 [12/19/2019]: Rail Infrastructure Systems, featuring Shawn Vecellio - AVP of Engineering, Kansas City Southern. Members can view the session here.
- RR 101-3 [07/10/2019]: Precision Scheduled Railroading, presented by Tina Sheaves, General Manager, Network Intermodal Operations at Canadian Pacific (CP) (LRW Platinum Corporate Partner). Members can view the session here.
- RR 101-2 [04/03/2019]: Mechanical Systems, presented by Kim Bowling, Director Advanced Engineering at CSX Transportation. Members can access the presentation here.
- RR 101-1 [11/28/2018]: U.S. Freight Railroads & the U.S. Economy, presented by Luisa Fernandez-Wiley, Senior Economist, Association of American Railroads and LRW Membership Chair. Members can view the session here.
If you have a suggestion for a webinar topic or would like to be a session leader, please email email@example.com.