Outstanding Member of the Year
Each year, the League of Railway Women Board of Directors recognizes an outstanding member, either corporately or individually, who has contributed their time and talents to improving the mission of LRW.
The 2019 'Outstanding Member of the Year' award recipient will be recognized during the LRW Annual Membership Meeting at the Railway Interchange in Minneapois, MN.
2019 Outstanding Member of the Year Award
- The nomination period will open in the spring of 2019.
- A passion for the rail industry.
- A dedication to leadership and support for the personal and professional growth of women in the rail industry.
- A continued commitment to volunteering with LRW over the past year.
- Individual or corporate efforts to successfully recruit and retain members.
- Commitment to community service.
- Completed nomination form.
- ‘Note of Support’ from a current LRW member demonstrating how the nominee meets or exceeds the characteristics outlined above.
- Please note that consecutive winners are not eligible to apply, but are encouraged to nominate a fellow member.
2018 Outstanding Member of the Year
Pictured: (l-r) Tanis Peterson, LRW President with Outstanding Member of the Year, Emilia Marceta
The 2018 LRW Outstanding Member of the Year was awarded to Emilia Marceta, Project Coordinator, Signals & Communications, Network Infrastructure, Metrolinx and LRW Public Relations and Outreach Chair, by Tanis Peterson, LRW President at the Annual Membership Meeting held during the RSI/CMA 2018 Rail Expo & Technical Conference in Nashville, TN on September 11.
- Learn more about our previous Outstanding Member of the Year recipients.