Railway Woman of the Year
Since 1998, the League of Railway Women (LRW) has been recognizing excellence in the rail industry by awarding the LRW Railway Woman of the Year award.
Co-sponsored by Progressive Railroading, this annual award honors a woman who exhibits leadership and excellence while supporting the personal and professional growth of others in the rail industry.
Learn more about our previous honorees here.
2022 Railway Woman of the Year
CEO and President, Trinity Industries, Inc.
2023 Railway Woman of the YearAward Criteria
- LRW is seeking nominations for an outstanding woman in rail who:
- Establishes a strong vision and a culture of continuous improvement and creativity;
- Overcomes challenges with and breaks down barriers, including initiatives that promote and support attracting and retaining women in the rail industry;
- Impacts the industry through innovation and trail blazing;
- Brings excellence to her organization and community; and,
- Cultivates safety, encouraging and demonstrating safe rail practices.
- The 2023 award will be presented at the Railway Interchange, October 1-4, 2023 in Indianapolis, IN.
- The nomination period is now closed.
In 2019, the inaugural LRW 'Railway Woman of the Year' Advisory Committee was appointed.
The purpose of the advisory committee is to provide an impartial executive-level review of the candidate applications received by the LRW and make a recommendation.
To be eligible to participate on this committee, each member must be a previous WOY award recipient. The committee shall be comprised of a minimum of at least five women, who commit to a two-year term and are led by a Chair appointed by the LRW Board of Directors.
The committee lends their industry insight and leadership expertise and assist the LRW Awards Chair in making the final decision in naming the Railway Woman of the Year.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.