Fellow LRW members and women of the railroad industry,
I am honored to serve as your LRW president, and thrilled to lead our dedicated team of executive officers and board members as we work to further our mission of expanding opportunities for women in the rail industry. Your board and committee members are devoted to excellence for the League, and we are here to serve you.
I have been associated with LRW since 2015, and it has been gratifying to see the organization grow, while expanding the networking events and other resources for women in rail.
As President, I’ll be working to:
- Continue to raise LRW’s profile as the pre-eminent organization for women in railroading through regular communications, including via social media, to members, news media, and the business community
- Highlight the value of women in our industry by expanding the successful events for which LRW has become known – networking receptions at major industry conferences, a presence during Railroad Day on the Hill, and our own annual meetings
- Further develop our membership base and encourage our members to get involved in committees and events
- Increase our corporate partnership to promote companies and organizations that value women in our industry
- The LRW board and committees are engaged in developing exciting events and activities for our members and the rail community.
- We welcome corporate partnerships – learn more.
- Our individual annual memberships cost just $45 – details are available here.
- You can keep up with what’s happening at LRW and stay in touch via our social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
It’s an exciting time to become an LRW member! Together, we’re helping women in rail succeed.Warm Regards,
2017-19 LRW President
Senior Director, Operations and Regulatory Affairs
Railway Association of Canada